Current Projects :
Parabolic Solar Concentrator for Industrial Heating:
invention of Prof. Ajay Chandak has the potential to revolutionize
the use of solar thermal application in India. PRINCE invites
proposals from Industry & research organisation for commercialization
of the new Parabolic Solar Concentrator.
The photograph shows only two concentrators to explain the
concept while actually three to five concentrators will be
used in field depending on site conditions.. In the inset
the focus on the receiver is shown.
Salient features of the new system are:
- Multiple reflectors with square shape in plan.
- Compact design as the shape is switched over to square
- 100% aperture area available round the year. (Established
Scheffler Technology gives approximately 60% average aperture
- Single axis fixed speed daily automatic tracking eliminates
need of sensors and complicated hardware. Tracking system
is easy to operate and maintain. Seasonal tracking is manual
to be set once in 3-4 days.
- Photograph shows two reflectors of 6.25 sqm each delivering
2000 to 2500 Watts per reflector. Trials on higher sizes
of 10 sqm and 15 sqm square and rectangular dishes are to
be conducted before standardization.
- Expected cost of this system installation after commercialization
is around Rs. 15000/- per kW installation with payback period
of less than 30 months without subsidies. This is very comfortable
- Performance : For air working temp. of 250 degree centigrade
is comfortably achieved. Max. temp. attained for air is
about 400 degree centigrade. Thermic fluid can be comfortably
used with second stage heat exchanger for steam generation.
- Patent application pending. Intellectual property rights
with Prof. Ajay Chandak.