Research Projects :
PRINCE members have developed few technologies for industrial
and domestic applications. We invite corporate and organisations
for commercialization and application of these technologies.
Till date PRINCE members have four patent applications pending.
Industrial Solar Concentrator.
Parabolic Trough Collector.
Low cost built in Solar Water Heater.
Solar Distillation System.
- Liquid plate Solar Water Heater.
- Multireflector Solar Box Cooker.
- Hybrid Solar Cooker.
- Solar Refrigeration System.
- Low Cost Built In Solar Water
- Industrial Solar Concentrator.
Parabolic Solar Concentrator for Industrial Heating:
invention of Prof. Ajay Chandak has the potential to revolutionize
the use of solar thermal application in India. PRINCE
invites proposals from Industry & research organisation
for commercialization of the new Parabolic Solar Concentrator.
The photograph shows only two concentrators to explain
the concept while actually three to five concentrators
will be used in field depending on site conditions.. In
the inset the focus on the receiver is shown
Salient features of the new system are:
- Multiple reflectors with square shape in plan.
- Compact design as the shape is switched over to square
- 100% aperture area available round the year. (Established
Scheffler Technology gives approximately 60% average
- Single axis fixed speed daily automatic tracking
eliminates need of sensors and complicated hardware.
Tracking system is easy to operate and maintain. Seasonal
tracking is manual to be set once in 3-4 days.
- Photograph shows two reflectors of 6.25 sqm each
delivering 2000 to 2500 Watts per reflector. Trials
on higher sizes of 10 sqm and 15 sqm square and rectangular
dishes are to be conducted before standardization.
- Expected cost of this system installation after commercialization
is around Rs. 15000/- per kW installation with payback
period of less than 30 months without subsidies. This
is very comfortable for Industries.
- Performance : For air working temp. of 250 degree
centigrade is comfortably achieved. Max. temp. attained
for air is about 400 degree centigrade. Thermic fluid
can be comfortably used with second stage heat exchanger
for steam generation.
- Patent application pending. Intellectual property
rights with Prof. Ajay Chandak
- Parabolic Trough Collector Rotatable
About Polar Axis :
- Cylindrical reflector rotates about the polar axis.
This permits fixed speed, single axis tracking.
- Manufacturing cylindrical shape is much easier than
- Average aperture area utilization is @ 95%. This is
much higher than Scheffler systems, which is @ 65%
- Cost effective system.
Current status :
- Prototype tested. Commercialization is in process.
We are looking forward to research Institutes and corporate
to get associated with us for commercialization.
- Intellectual Property Status: Patent Pending. Prof.
Ajay G. Chandak.
- Steam generation.
- Air heaters and ovens.
- Thermic fluid heating applications.
- Community cooking.
- All industrial low and medium temperature applications.
- Low cost built in Solar Water Heater
A new solar heating system designed by Prof.
Ajay Chandak is under test. The results are expected
within 3-4 weeks. This is a low cost system and will be
very suitable for hard water application.
STATUS: Patent Pending.
- Multistage Solar Distillation System:
distillation uses lot of energy for steaming of water
and the same amount of energy is rejected to the atmosphere
for getting distillate. The multistage distiller proposed
in the project uses the heat rejected during condensation
of steam for boiling of water in the second stage. Similarly
the heat rejected in second stage is used in the third
stage and so on. Same quantum of energy used gives 3
to 4 times more output in this multistage distillation
Solar concentrators, parabolic dish/trough can be used
as a source. Heat source other than solar can also be
used for backup.
Commercialisation of the project in process. Industries
interested in collaborating for further developmental
work are most welcome.